Calvary Chapel St. Petersburg
Calvary Kids Addendum
We are not looking for professionals, but rather individuals that have a strong commitment to and faith in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Being a part of Calvary Kids is a commitment to God and the body of Christ, “The Church.” Therefore, please pray and read the “Calvary Kids - Workers Responsibilities / Requirements” on the back of this page before filling out this application. The following questions are designed to give us information to assist us in your placement within Calvary Kids. This information will also help us to provide a safe and secure environment for the children who participate in our programs and use our facilities.
In order to be organized and adequately prepared, we need you to participate in all of the following:
• Complete the “Calvary Kids Addendum and Serving Application” form and return it to the church office.
• Attend a Calvary Kids Orientation meeting (Call the church office for details).
• Complete a brief interview with the Children’s Pastor or a coordinator.
• We will be taking your photo and your fingerprints as part of the application process
In order to serve in Calvary Kids, you must be at least 12 years of age or in the 6th grade. In addition to this application, teens must complete and sign a T.I.L.T. commitment form and have a Parent or Guardian sign the consent.
CALVARY KIDS - WORKER RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS
1. Your personal relationship with Christ Jesus should be the highest priority in your life and kept with utmost diligence by regular Bible reading, prayer and fellowship with the Church.
2. You are required to be regularly attending one worship service per week at Calvary Chapel of St. Petersburg.
3. You must have regularly attended Calvary Chapel of St. Petersburg for six months prior to working in the Calvary Kids.
TO BE EQUIPPED / EDIFIED
1. Please attend Children’s Ministry fellowship and training opportunities that are available throughout the year.
2. You are encouraged to support, through prayer and fellowship, the children and the other Calvary Kids volunteers.
3. Communicate with your ministry team during the week to plan and pray for your class.
4. You must attend the Calvary Kids Orientation meeting to be involved in the Calvary Kids.
5. You must read and agree to the “Children’s Ministry Survival Kit” guidelines for the Calvary Kids.
TO BE AN EXAMPLE
1. As a minister to the children, you have the responsibility of representing Christ in your class. Therefore we expect that you will live out your example with the highest of Christian conduct.
2. As a minister to the children, you will be expected to abstain from all substance abuse (drugs, alcohol, etc.).
3. Be committed to your ministry. (I Timothy 4:15-16, Colossians 3:23)
YOUR SERVICE COORDINATOR
1. Your Service Coordinator is here to serve you. Take advantage of his/her experience and resources.
2. The Service Coordinator carries the authority to assure that the teaching and conduct in your class is in accordance with the Scriptures and the total ministry of the church.
3. Communicate all needs (physical and spiritual), complaints, suggestions, and other important information to your
Service Coordinator. He/she is your representative to the Children’s Pastor.
4. Your Service Coordinator must okay all field trips and outside activity in advance.
5. Notify your coordinator as soon as possible, if you are going to be absent.
1. Be prepared to teach when you arrive. Be sure you know your material well and have all your supplies. Try to have
extra activities, in case the service is extended.
2. Check out your own supplies. Please do not send a child to do it.
3. Check with the Children’s Pastor when teaching on sensitive or mature subjects such as cults and occults, sexually oriented music, hell/damnation, Santa Claus, etc.
4. Be sure that all your subject matter is in complete harmony with the teachings of Calvary Chapel of St. Petersburg.
TO CHILDREN AND PARENTS
1. Work towards building relationships with those in your class.
2. Tell your class if you are going to miss a week of class, take a break, or if you are going to discontinue teaching.
3. Develop a good teacher / parent relationship.
4. The children are to be dropped off and picked up by their parent/guardian. This is for their safety and gives you a
chance to meet their parent / guardian. Your class is not to be excused before service is over.
5. For safety reasons, you or a hall monitor need to accompany the children to the rest room.
6. Be careful with the sweets. Serve healthy snacks being sensitive to possible food allergies. Notify parents of all snacks being offered.
7. Children may not be taken off Calvary Chapel’s grounds without proper field trip and medical forms.
8. TWO-ADULT RULE - There must be two adults (one may be a youth) in each classroom at all times for the sake of
safety and propriety.
9. You must be at least 12 years of age or in the 6th grade to serve in Calvary Kids.
1. Classrooms should be left clean and in order. Have the children pick up all the paper from the floor and push in chairs before they leave. The children should be included in the cleaning of the room.
2. Children must not access cabinets, cupboards, and bookshelves without teacher’s permission.
3. The last person to leave the classroom should make sure the lights are turned off.
4. Supervise children with crayons and markers. Throw out used markers and crayons less than 1-1/2 inches long.
5. Clean-up supplies and vacuums are in the classroom. Please use them.
6. Be in your classrooms at least 30 minutes before the service begins for prayer and final preparation.
7. Children are not to be in a classroom without a teacher under any circumstances.
8. Trash should be set outside your classroom door after service and a new trash bag placed in trash can.
9. Please leave dry erase/ chalkboards clean at the end of class. Put markers/ chalk and erasers away in cabinet before leaving the classroom.
I am willing to serve in the following areas:
During Main Services
Trail Life (boys)
Keepers at Home (girls)
Home School Co-Op
I am willing to serve in the following semesters:
January – June
July – December
I am willing to serve in the following services:
I am willing to serve in the following capacities:
Kids Worship Teams
I am willing to serve in the following age groups:
Nursery (infants – age 2)
Preschool (age 3 – kindergarten)
Elementary (grades 1-5)
state your beliefs on the following.
This is not a test
of your Bible knowledge, but we do want to know what you believe regarding these key doctrines.
A. Do you believe that the Bible (Old & New Testaments) is the inspired, infallible word of God?
B. What is your understanding of the Trinity?
C. How do you know that you are saved?
D. Why should a person be baptized?
E. Why is the resurrection of Christ important
F. Do you believe that Jesus is coming again?
G. Do you disagree with any part of the Calvary Chapel St. Petersburg "
Statement of Faith
"? If so, please explain?
Briefly describe your devotional life.
What part does prayer play in your life?
Do you have any previous experience in Children's Ministry with Calvary Chapel or another organization?
Please list any experience working with children or youth
I affirm that I have read and will abide by "
Children's Ministry - Workers Responsibilities / Requirements
Do Not Fill This Out